Academic Program Development (APD)
APD staff in the Office of Programs and Academic Assessment supports the colleges in the creation and revision of their curricula. This includes -
- Administering the university's Course Request System;
- Processing the creation and revision of undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses;
- Coordinating the review and approval processes of campus and external governance to:
- Establish, revise, or eliminate academic programs (i.e., degrees, certificates, minors, concentrations);
- Establish or reorganize academic units, research and public service centers and institutes;
- Serving as a resource for the campus in explaining, interpreting, and facilitating the development of academic policies, guidelines, and regulations;
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of academic organization codes (i.e., college and department codes) and student program codes.
|Academic Program and Center/Institute Approval|
Process for establishing new degree programs, certificates, minors, etc., and research centers and institutes; changing existing programs
Courses and General Education Approval
Information on the course approval process, General Education, course policies
Course Request System (CRS)
A web-based application used to manage the workflow of all new course requests, changes and drops through required campus approval levels. Adding and deleting users. Blank course request form.
Approved Courses and University Catalogs
Links to the current catalogs as well as course descriptions on the web.
Important Dates for Program and Course Approval
Deadlines for courses, Course Schedule production and program proposals. Meeting dates for various committees involved in program approval (e.g. Senate, the Senate Committee on Educational Policy, Graduate College Executive Committee, etc.)
This section contains various forms including Format for Academic Program Changes, Request for a New Unit of Instruction, Request for New Administrative, Research or Public Service Unit and CRS Access Authorization Form.
Academic Program Development Staff
Staff members who can answer your questions. Email addresses are included.
Banner Code Reports and Enterprise Data Warehouse
Provides lists of major UIC organization codes(administrative roll-up,colleges and departments) and UIC student program codes.
This section provides direct links to other campus web sites and some external sites that provide useful data or information about UIC.
Academic Program Development
2614 University Hall (M/C 103) · 601 S. Morgan Street · Chicago, Illinois 60607-7126
Phone: (312) 413-3463 · Fax: (312) 996-9391
Having problems accessing this site? Contact Webmaster