This page contains quick links to forms needed to initiate activities related to courses, programs, and units. These forms are also embedded throughout the website. As you learn how to accomplish a particular task (e.g., revise a degree), you will find the required forms are provided within the appropriate section of the website. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Course Forms Heading link
- CRS Access Authorization Form: used to request access to the Course Request System.
- CRS Fillable Course Form: may be used to gather required information in order to propose a course. If you are revising an existing course, we recommend your college provide you with a PDF of the course’s current version from CRS so that you can use the fillable form to edit course information as needed.
- Temporary Cross-Listing Form: used to cross-list existing sections of a course for one term only.
Academic Program Forms Heading link
- Notice of Intent/Application for New Degree: used to establish new bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
- Request a New Certificate: used to establish new campus certificates and new IBHE-approved certificates.
- Proforma for New Academic Programs: should accompany proposals to establish new degrees and certificates.
- Submitting Changes to Academic Programs: used to revise or reorganize a degree, joint degree, concentration, minor, or certificate, including adding or eliminating concentrations. The form should also be used when seeking to establish an online version of an existing academic program.
- Changes to Academic Programs: Short Form: used in place of the usual template (i.e., Submitting Changes to Academic Programs) when proposing changes that are both minor in nature and few in number. See the Short Form for examples of when to use the form, as well as a checklist for when not to use it.
- Establishing a Joint Degree: used when seeking to establish a joint degree program.
- Joint Degree Articulation Agreement: should accompany proposals to establish or revise joint degree programs.
- Establishing a Minor: used to establish a new minor.
- Eliminating an Academic Program or Suspending Admissions: used to eliminate a degree, joint degree, minor, or certificate program; it also may be used to suspend admission to a program, whether or not that program will eventually be eliminated.
Academic Unit Forms Heading link
- Notice of Intent/Application for New Unit: used to establish new instructional units and permanent centers and institutes.
- Format for Seeking Temporary Approval for Centers and Institutes: used to request initial approval of a center or institute on a temporary basis for a period of 5 years.
- Submitting Changes to an Academic Unit: used to reorganize an academic “unit” (i.e., an instructional unit, center, or institute). Typical actions falling under the category of “reorganizing” would include renaming a unit; separating a unit into multiple units; consolidating or merging units; transferring a unit to a different organizational structure; or a change in status (e.g., a department becoming a school).
- Eliminating an Academic Unit: used to eliminate an academic “unit” (i.e., an instructional unit, center, or institute).